Friday, January 11, 2008

A sad, but necessary, Life moment. Jayla was standing next to me at the computer. She wanted to play some games on one particular web site. It started with a 'P', and she brought up the wrong one. I helped her sound it out (from that web site) and brought up the favorites menu again. There were 4 sites bookmarked that started with a 'P', so I helped her sound out each one. I actually read them to her while pointing to the letters. When I got to the one she was wanting, I asked her to read it to me. She got a little whiney and said "But I can't see it!" Wow. I had no idea her eyesight was that bad! I just want to cry! :'( Even I need glasses, but I could read those letters just fine!

The good part about all this is that now that we know she definitely needs to wear glasses, I will get her in next week and she will have a whole new world opened up to her. The colors will be more clear, trees more beautiful, faces more distinct. Her reading will probably take off too! I'm sitting here crying because she has been deprived of this for so long, but it will be a wonderful moment when everything becomes clear. I remember that feeling when I got my first glasses about 12 years ago. I almost cried then, so I'm sure I will cry when she puts hers on. Maybe I should have Daddy take her. LOL!

No comments: