Thursday, September 20, 2007

I slept in LATE this morning! My kids just let me sleep while they quietly watched cartoons and played. So this is what our home looked like this morning when I woke up.....at 10:00!!!

The TV was on PBS, very low volume, and there was some science show on talking about microbes. We watched it yesterday too. The kids were all sitting on the floor playing very nicely together with the Magnetix. They haven't gotten them out in months because Jacob would put the little magnetic balls in his mouth. Jonathan told me that Jacob had put one in his mouth this morning, but he took it out when Jonathan told him to and didn't do it again. I'm glad Jonathan was paying attention!!!

It was so cute. Jayla discovered that the magnetic pieces would stick to the dominoes tin (I guess they had been playing with those too), so she built this maze thing. She stood the pieces up on end and had them spread out all around the tin. Jacob asked her if a car could drive through there. :) She was even sticking the pieces to the sides so that they stood up really tall. Next she took all the little balls she had (9 total) and started grouping them and then added, subtracted, multiplied and divided the little balls. She was having a blast! Also, the whole time she was practicing saying her R's. She's really good at it now, but she just doesn't always remember.

I think Jonathan was trying to make similar shapes to the microbes he was seeing on TV. He asked me questions about germs and asked me what a heart really looks like (which we just looked up). Jacob kept sticking the different magnetic pieces together and saying "Look at this-uh, Mommy. Quick!" :)

Once I was done feeding Jack, Jonathan helped with the laundry and Jayla burped Jack for me while I made some oatmeal. So far it's been a great morning. :)

No comments: