Friday, February 1, 2008

Jonathan just informed me that he knows how many pennies are in $10. He said 1,000. I thought about it for a couple of seconds and said, "Yep, you're right!" He asked me if I knew how he knew that, so of course I asked him to tell me how he figured it out. He said "I knew $9 was 900 pennies, so I just added another hundred for one more dollar!" Smart kid! He does math in his head ALL the time! He definitely gets that from me. I am constantly doing some sort of math or counting steps, etc. It actually drives me insane sometimes! Jayla and Jonathan both are counting right now. I thought they were going to 100, but they're in the 150's now, so I think they're attempting to go to 1,000. That will be a first for Jayla, but I know she can do it as long as she doesn't forget where she was. LOL! Jacob is flying his trains around the room. He loves those trains! I think he is playing with James and Percy right now. He has some generic ones too, but he loves the Thomas & Friends engines the best. Jonathan loved trains at this age too, but not like Jacob does! The kid is obsessed! LOL! He found Jayla's pink engine last night and gave it to her while excitedly telling her, "Oh, Rosie! I found Rosie for you, Sissy!" It was really sweet. :) Jack has been sitting here smiling and playing with his sister and brothers, but he is just now starting to get vocal. I guess I should rescue him before he gets too worked up! Jayla is passing 300 now! Woohoo!!!! :)

3 comments:

Mom said...

Now I fixed your link... Get to blogging!

bkumor said...

hey, i'm answering your comment on my post "burn stuff". I'm doing it here because i don't have your e-mail address anymore.(we got a new computer and i lost it all!) Greek and Hebrew would be good. They sound difficult, though. After this i think the plan for us is Japanese. Will you please send me an e-mail so i can add you back to my address book?

bkumor said...

P.S. Love your new profile pic. So much better than that dark one from a weird angle that didn't even look like you. Was it taken at a restaurant? Restaurants in OK are MUCH cleaner than the ones here.